This article reviews common reasons that a Stripe account might be shut down. Additionally, we explore some potential ways to avoid these shutdowns and what you can do if your account is shut down.
Why you would need this
If you have set up a Stripe account and want to ensure it does not get shut down or you have an existing account that was shut down, this article explores your options.
What you will need
Step 1. Avoid Prohibited Activities - Keep Your Account Healthy
- The first thing you should consider when choosing Stripe as your payment gateway is whether your business might be prohibited by their payment gateway.
- Stripe has a list of restricted businesses you should refer to prior to creating an account.
Step 2. Ways to Avoid Chargebacks and Comply with Policies
- One of the most harmful actions that can hurt your payment gateway is having chargebacks posted on your account.
- To avoid chargebacks, it's recommended you maintain open communication channels with your customers.
Step 3. What to do When Your Account Is Shut Down
- If your Stripe account is already shut down, there is likely little you can do to restore your account.
- In most cases,
What you can do now
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.