Creating an internal Broadcast would be helpful if you want to add or remove contacts to/from lists, add or remove tags to/from contacts, or unsubscribe contacts in ClickFunnels. In this article, we’ll go over the process of creating a Broadcast to trigger an internal action for your lists and/or contacts.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What is a ClickFunnels Internal Broadcast?
- Why would I want to create a ClickFunnels Internal Broadcast?
- How do I create a ClickFunnels Internal Broadcast?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
A ClickFunnels Internal Broadcast is a native ClickFunnels feature that will allow you to trigger a one-off action for your contacts. Among the available actions you can find:
- Add to list
- Remove from list
- Add tag
- Remove tag
- Unsubscribe contact
If you are new to creating Broadcasts, review this article here.
If you want to create a Broadcast using a 3rd-party autoresponder, please refer to this tutorial here.
If you want to send a one-time email, instead, review this article here.
Creating A ClickFunnels Internal Broadcast
1. From your ClickFunnels dashboard, hover over the Follow-Up Funnels drop-down menu and click Broadcasts.
2. Click on the New Broadcast button.
3. Add a name in the Broadcast Name field.
4. Select ClickFunnels Internal under the Built-In Apps section.
5. Add a Group Tag to create a group of Broadcasts or save this Broadcast to a group you've already created. (Optional)
6. Select which list(s) of contacts you would like to apply the action to under the Who Will Receive This Broadcast section.
You can select multiple lists.
7. Add a Filter Rule to restrict which contacts in your list will receive the action by clicking the + Add Rule Group button. (Optional)
By default, we'll apply the action to everyone on your list(s) or you can restrict the action to only contacts who meet certain rules.
8. Click Next.
9. Select the ClickFunnels Internal Action that you would like the Broadcast to carry out.
A. Add To List
B. Remove From List
C. Add Tag (You can add multiple tags using a comma to separate them)
D. Remove Tag (You can remove multiple tags using a comma to separate them)
E. Unsubscribe Contact (This will unsubscribe the contacts from all ClickFunnels lists)
10. Click Next.
11. Set the Schedule for your Broadcast by choosing one of the following options:
a. Toggle on the Send Now switch in order to start your Broadcast immediately after finishing the setup.
b. Select a date on the calendar below Send At to indicate when you would like to start/send your Broadcast once the setup is complete.
c. Select the time to start the Broadcast under Send Time.
12. Click Next.
13. On the Summary page, review the Broadcast’s setup to make sure everything is correct.
a. Click the Send Now button if your Broadcast is ready and you previously chose to send it immediately after review.
The Broadcast will be processed and then appear under the Sent tab.
b. Or, click the Queue to Send button if your Broadcast is ready and you previously chose to send your Broadcast at a future date and time.
The Broadcast will be sent over to the Queued tab.
c. Click Exit to Overview if you would like to save the Broadcast as a draft.
The Broadcast will remain in the Drafts tab.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
- Creating a ClickFunnels Internal Broadcast allows you to quickly add or remove contacts from a list, add or remove tags from contacts, or unsubscribe contacts from all lists in ClickFunnels.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.