Smart Lists are email lists that can automatically add, sort, or remove contacts based on whether a contact meets a set of criteria established by you. In this article, we’ll cover how you can create a Smart List and create Rule Groups to establish the criteria for your Smart List.
If you want to create an Email List, also known as a Static List, please refer to this tutorial here.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- ClickFunnels Platinum Account
- Existing Contacts
Step 1: Creating A Smart List
You will be able to identify Smart Lists from Static Lists by looking at the cap icon.
- Hover over the Follow-Up Funnels menu option located on the top menu bar of your account. Click Email Lists from the menu.
2. Click the +Add New List button located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Enter a name for your email list under the Name field. This will preferably be a name that is memorable and reflects the purpose of the list.
4. Add a Group Tag from the drop-down menu or create a new tag by typing it in the search bar under the Group Tag field. (Optional)
5. Toggle the Smart List switch into the On position by clicking on the switch.
6. Click the Create New List button once you’ve made your selections.
7. Click the Add your first rule button to start adding new Rule Groups to your Smart List.
Step 2: Adding Your First Rule
A Smart List will automatically add and remove contacts that match the rules/conditions of the list. More information on Rule Group terms and definitions can be found by visiting the Rule Group Glossary.
1. Under the Smart List Settings, select one of the icons in the First Rule Group. The options include:
- Email Step
2. Select a Rule Agent from the drop-down menu. This will depend on the Rule Group you select.
3. Select a Rule Action from the drop-down menu.
4. Select or Enter a value for the condition.
Important Note: You can add multiple rules by selecting a new Rule Group. Contacts will have to meet ALL rules to be added to the Smart List.
You can also add multiple rule groups by clicking on Add Rule Group. Contacts that meet the rules from at least ONE of your rule groups will be added to the Smart List.
5. Click the Update List button once you’ve added your rules.
Important Note: Smart Lists usually update within 20 minutes. If the contacts and stats are not showing immediately, they should soon. If it does not show the correct stats after 48 hours, please get in touch with support.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.