In this article, you will learn how to add product variations available for purchase on your ClickFunnels order page. Adding Product Variations to your products is optional. This is useful as a way to manage inventory for physical products.
What you will need:
- ClickFunnels Order Page. Click here to learn how to get started.
- A Product with Variations (see instructions and notes below).
Important Note: In order to add product variations elements to the order page, you must set up the variation products BEFORE editing the order page as the variant elements will not be available in the editor until the variant products exist under the products tab. Please also note: Product variations will not work with 2 Step Order forms at this time, additional elements that will not be available when using product variations are the Order Summary, Order Select w/ Inventory, and Order Select.
Step 1: Product Variations (optional)
- From your funnel, navigate to the Order Form Page.
- Click the Products tab.
- Add or Access Product On Order Page.
- Navigate To Product Variations (optional) Menu.
- Toggle Create Product Variations Into The On Position.
Note: If you are unable to toggle Product Variations into the ON position. This means that there are multiple products existing for this funnel step or this is an Order Bump product. You are only allowed 1 product with Variations on your order form, plus an Order Form Bump product.
Step 2: Create Attributes
- Variation Type (A Variation Type usually conveys “size”, “length”, “color”, or other aspects about a product. Max: 3)
- Variation Values (A Variation Value usually conveys the values for each type. An example would be “Small”, “Medium” and “Large” for the Variation Type “Size”. Max: 5)
- Click Save & Add Another (to add another variation type) or click Save if you are done.
Please Note: When creating multiple variations you will see a warning pop-up pictured below, this means any time you are adding or deleting information it needs to repopulate. So, any changes that are made in the edit modal you have already done such as inventory, image alt text, price, SKU, or description will need to be readded.
Step 3: Edit Product Variations
- Select a default product and add product images (optional).
- Click the image element next to the product(s) and choose an image from your image library or upload an image.
- You can edit each variation
- Enter Inventory Amount
- Price Per Unit
- Image Alt Text (Alt Text is a brief text description of the image the description helps visually impaired readers)
- Product Description
- Update Variation
- Toggle Status to turn the variation to the On or Off.
- Scroll down press Save and Close.
Step 4: Add Product w/ Var Order Summary Element
- Navigate to the Order Page inside the Editor.
- Add Product w/Var Order Summary Element.
Important Note: When using the product variation summary element, you must also have a product with variations selector on this page.
Step 5: Add Product w/ Var Order Selector Element
- Inside the Order Page Editor
- Add Product w/ Var Order Selector Element.
Step 6: Add Product w/ Var Order Confirm Element On The Order Confirmation Page Type
- Navigate to your Order Confirmation Page Type inside of your funnel.
- Remove the Order Summary Element.
- Add Product w/ Var Order Confirm Element.
What you can do now:
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.