Managing your commission plan allows you to set a commission amount for your affiliates, a schedule for payments, a second tier for your affiliate program, and the type of payment. In this article, you will find information on how to manage your commission plans.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account subscribed to the Platinum plan or higher
- A commission plan created
- An affiliate type created
How to manage your commission plans:
1. Hover over Backpack at the top and click on Commission Plans.
2. Click Edit to open the plan’s settings.
If you need more information on these settings, please check this link: Create New Commission Plan
3. Click View next to the commission plan to manage other settings of the plan, such as affiliate types, second tiers, etc.
In this area, you will be able to see all the affiliate types that you have created in Backpack, and enable them for your affiliate program, or edit those affiliate types that are already enabled.
4. Click Add or Edit next to the affiliate type that you would like to manage.
When adding the affiliate type to the commission plan, this means that affiliates can be set as the affiliate type being added to start generating commissions.
5. Click on Add to display the Add Affiliate Schedule popup:
The popup shown above will appear when clicking on the Add button in the previous step, however, when editing an enabled affiliate type, the form will have the exact same fields.
6. Enter the Amount for the commission.
This number will represent a commission percentage or fixed amount commission.
- You can set a $20 commission for every sale by entering 20 in the Amount field and selecting Fixed under Payment Type.
- You can set a 10% commission for every sale by entering 10 in the Amount field and selecting Percent under Payment Type.
7. Enter the number of Months Before Payout (default is one month).
This is also called a ‘cooling down’ period, and it is the time between the sale of a commissionable product and when the commission can be paid out to the affiliate. This allows time for refunds and disputes of charges.
8. Choose between Percent or Fixed for the Payment Type.
9. Click Add Affiliate Schedule.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.