In this article, we will cover how to disable an Affiliate in Backpack. When running an affiliate program, you may come across affiliates that fail to comply with your program's terms and procedures. When facing this scenario, disabling an affiliate from your program may be a good measure against abuse of your terms or misuse of your affiliate program. You can disable affiliates from generating commissions by assigning them to an affiliate type with no set commission plan.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- Where can I disable an affiliate from earning a commission?
- How do I disable an affiliate?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account of the Platinum level or higher
- An affiliate
- An affiliate type with no set commission plan
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Step by Step Walk Through:
1. Hover over Backpack and click on Affiliates.
2. Click Edit next to the affiliate's name.
3. On the Edit affiliate popup, click Admin Settings.
4. Then click on the Affiliate Type field.
5. Select an affiliate type with no set commission plan from the list.
This will disable the affiliate from generating any further commissions.
6. Click on Save Affiliate Details.
Important note: The disabled affiliate’s links will still work and send customers to your funnels but they will not be given credit for the sale.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
Disabling an affiliate from your program may be a good measure against abuse of your terms or misuse of your affiliate program
Assigning an affiliate to an affiliate type with no set commission will stop them from being able to generate any commissions.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.