In this article, we will cover how you can add a new step to a funnel. Learning how to create funnel steps will allow you to add extra steps to your existing funnels. This is helpful if you want to customize your customer’s experience.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account
- An existing funnel
Step 1: Create New Step In Your Funnel:
- From the ClickFunnels dashboard, hover over ClickFunnels.
2. Click on Funnels.
3. Select the funnel where you wish to add the funnel step.
4. On the left side, click + ADD NEW STEP.
5. Give the new funnel step a name. This can be anything you wish as our visitors will not see the name of your funnel steps.
6. If you want the new funnel step to show in your current funnel steps, then you will need to ensure the Show In Funnel? is toggled to YES.
If you do not want the new funnel step to show in your funnel flow/sequence, you will need to set the Show In Funnel? toggle to NO.
If you select to not have the step shown in your funnel by selecting No then the new step will not be added to your funnel flow/sequence. The new step will be located on the left-hand side under OTHER FUNNEL STEPS.
7. (Optional) Create the ending Path for the step. Keep in mind visitors will see this in the address bar when visiting the funnel step.
8. Click on Create Funnel Step.
9. Select which type of step you wish to create.
You can review the different step types right above the thumbnails of the page templates. The different options available are:
You can hover over each of the step types to explore the different options within a specific step type.
10. Once you have decided which type of step you are wanting to add, select a template by clicking + Select Template.
You can always rearrange the order of your funnel steps by clicking the step you wish to move and drag it either up or down.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.