In this article, we will cover how you can add a new step to a funnel. Learning how to create funnel steps will allow you to add extra steps to your existing funnels. This is helpful if you want to customize your customer’s experience.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- Why would I need to create a new funnel step?
- What do I need in order to create a new funnel step?
- How do I create a new funnel step?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account
- An existing funnel
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
How To Create New Step In Your Funnel:
1. From the ClickFunnels dashboard, hover over ClickFunnels.
2. Click on Funnels.
3. Select the funnel where you wish to add the funnel step.
4. On the left side, click + ADD NEW STEP.
5. Give the new funnel step a name.
This can be anything you wish. Keep in mind your visitors will not see the name of your funnel steps.
6. If you want the new funnel step to show in your current funnel steps, then you will need to ensure the Show In Funnel? is toggled to YES.
If you do not want the new funnel step to show in your funnel flow/sequence, you will need to set the Show In Funnel? toggle to NO.
If you select to not have the step shown in your funnel by selecting No then the new step will not be added to your funnel flow/sequence. The new step will be located on the left hand side under OTHER FUNNEL STEPS.
7. (Optional) Create the ending Path for the step. Keep in mind visitors will see this in the address bar when visiting the funnel step.
Important Note: Each funnel step needs to have a unique ending Path. When setting the path for your funnel step the system will notify you if you enter a duplicated path. You can always edit the step’s path later on if you wish. When leaving the Path field blank, the system will assign a random unique path to the step.
8. Click on Create Funnel Step.
9. Select which type of step you wish to create.
You can review the different step types right above the thumbnails of the page templates. The different options available are:
You can hover over each of the step types to explore the different options within a specific step type.
10. Once you have decided which type of step you are wanting to add, select a template by clicking + Select Template.
You can always rearrange the order of your funnel steps by clicking the step you wish to move and drag it either up or down.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
You can add a new funnel step to your funnel at any moment.
This is helpful if you want to customize your customer’s experience.
If you wish to rearrange your current funnel steps, you can click and drag the step you wish to move either up or down.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.