If you need to create a Broadcast using one of your 3rd party integrations, this article will show you how. These instructions are going to be helpful for those who need to create the following actions using a 3rd party integration already added to ClickFunnels:
- Adding or removing/deleting contacts to/from lists
- Adding or removing tags to/from contacts
- Unsubscribe contacts
- Adding or removing from audience
- Registering to a webinar session
- Sending SMS & more
Please note that available actions will vary depending on the 3rd party integration you’re using.
If you want to create a Broadcast using the ClickFunnels Internal app, please refer to this tutorial here.
If you want to send a one-time email, instead, review this article here.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What does it mean to create a Broadcast using a 3rd party app integrated into my ClickFunnels account?
- Why would I want to create a Broadcast using one of my 3rd party apps?
- How do I create a Broadcast using one of my 3rd party apps?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account on the Platinum Plan or higher
- At least one Third-Party Integration connected to your ClickFunnels account
- Static Email List or Smart Email List
Please watch the video below, in full screen:
Creating A 3rd Party App Broadcast:
1. From your ClickFunnels dashboard, hover over the Follow-Up Funnels drop-down menu and click Broadcasts.
2. Click on the New Broadcast button.
3. Add a name in the Broadcast Name field.
*Important Note: If you need help getting started with creating a new Broadcast, please refer to this article here.
4. Click the 3rd-Party App you would like to use for the Broadcast below the 3rd-Party Apps section. Clicking your Broadcast Type will automatically direct you to the next step.
*Important Note: You’ll see a green border and a plug icon on the 3rd party applications that have already been connected to your account. If you want to use an app that hasn’t been connected to your account yet, click on the desired app. Doing so will prompt you to proceed with adding it to ClickFunnels.
You can see which actions are available for your integration(s) on the Add New Broadcast page by hovering over the integration you wish to use. You will see this on the top right corner of your screen.
5. Add a Group Tag to create a group or save this Broadcast to a group you've already created. (Optional)
6. Choose your 3rd Party App Account from the Send From drop-down menu. This will allow you to select the account you want to send the Broadcast from, in case you have different accounts for the same 3rd party app.
7. Select the ClickFunnels list(s) to which your Broadcast will be sent under the Who Will Receive This Broadcast? Section. You can select multiple lists, Static or Smart.
8. Add a Filter Rule to restrict which contacts in ClickFunnels will receive this Broadcast by clicking the + Add Rule Group button. (Optional)
9. Click the yellow Next button after making your selections.
10. Select the 3rd Party Action you would like the Broadcast to carry out. Again, the options will vary depending on the 3rd party integration you’re using.
11. Click the yellow Next button after making your selections.
12. Set the Schedule for your Broadcast’s release by choosing one of the following:
a. Toggle on the Send Now switch in order to send your Broadcast immediately after review.
b. Click the date on the calendar below Send At to indicate when you would like to schedule your Broadcast to be sent in the future.
c. Be sure to set the exact time of day below Send Time you would like your Broadcast to be sent on the date chosen.
*Important Note: The time zone is determined by the time zone chosen from your Timezone and Language Settings within your Account Settings.
13. Click the yellow Next button after making your selections.
14. On the Summary page, review the summary of your selections for your Broadcast to make sure everything is correct.
a. Click the Send Now button at the bottom of the page if your Broadcast is ready and you previously chose to send it immediately after review.
The Broadcast will be sent over to the Sent tab.
b. Click the Queue to Send button at the bottom of the page if your Broadcast is ready and you previously chose to send your Broadcast at a future date and time.
The Broadcast will be sent over to the Queued tab.
c. Click the gray Exit to Overview button if you would like to wait before sending or queuing to send your Broadcast.
The Broadcast will remain in the Drafts tab.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
- Adding a 3rd party integration to your Broadcast will allow you to create a variety of actions that carry over those integrations.
- Filter Rules can be added to a Broadcast to restrict which ClickFunnels contacts are affected depending on whether they meet a unique set of criteria.
- A Broadcast’s launch can be scheduled to send immediately after review or queued to send at a future date and time.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.