Need to learn what are the hosts supported by ClickFunnels and what to do to use your domain on our platform? This article will point you to specific tutorials so you can add CNAME record(s) in your host and utilize your domain in your funnels. If you can’t find your domain registrar, we will provide general instructions on how to point your domain to ClickFunnels.
By the end of this document, you should be able to answer:
- What are the domain registrars supported by ClickFunnels?
- Where do I find instructions to point my domain from my host to ClickFunnels?
- How do I point a domain from a registrar not supported by ClickFunnels?
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- An active ClickFunnels account
- A domain purchased outside of ClickFunnels
Supported Registrars And How To Point Your Domain To ClickFunnels
Before adding your domain to ClickFunnels, you need to add a CNAME record in your domain host to use it in your funnel(s). To do that, you can check the list below to follow specific instructions of the registrars supported by ClickFunnels.
Please keep in mind that if you point your root domain (for example: yoursite.com) to ClickFunnels, you will ONLY be able to use it in ClickFunnels. If you want to connect a subdomain (visit.mysite.com), instead, please check this tutorial here.
Using the list below, click on your registrar and follow along with the instructions on how to create your CNAME record.
IONOS by 1and1: How to add your CNAME record to IONOS by 1and1.com
Cloudflare: How to add your CNAME record to CloudFlare
Namecheap: How to add your CNAME record to Namecheap
Bluehost: How to add your CNAME record to Bluehost
Not Supported Hosts
If you do not see your registrar listed above, we recommend reaching out to your registrar for support. Our support agents will only be able to provide general instructions on how to point your domain to ClickFunnels.
Now, you can follow the general directions below, intended to assist with the CNAME record creation. For the simplest, step-by-step setup, we recommend using Cloudflare instead. If you want to try and add the CNAME record to your existing domain, you can use these general instructions.
1. Navigate to your DNS Records from within your domain registrar.
Depending on your Host, this may be in an Advanced Zone Editor, DNS Records, or somewhere else entirely.
2. Add/Edit a CNAME record.
3. Type @ in the Name field or leave it blank.
4. Type target.clickfunnels.com in the Points To or Value field.
Some domain hosts use different labels for the name and value fields.
5. Save changes.
Once you add the CNAME record, you can consult the record propagation here. If it is still not propagating, please contact your Registrar's Support for assistance.
*Important Note: Please keep in mind that for supported and not supported registrars, it can take 24-48 hours for DNS Records to fully propagate.
Add The Domain To Your ClickFunnels Account
After adding or editing your CNAME Record to point your domain to ClickFunnels, you will need to add it to your account. Check Adding Your External Custom Domain to ClickFunnels for more information.
Here are the key takeaways for this document:
- In order to point a domain to ClickFunnels, you need to create a CNAME record in your domain host with target.clickfunnels.com as the value.
- IONOS by 1and1, Bluehost, Cloudflare, GoDaddy and Namecheap are the domain hosts supported by ClickFunnels. We have documentation on each and one of these registrars, showing how to add a CNAME record to point your domain to ClickFunnels.
- If your host is not supported by ClickFunnels, you can follow the general instructions provided, and our support team will only be able to provide general guidance.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.