Facebook and iOS 14 updates require domain verification before you can use some of their services. Adding TXT records to your domain purchased in ClickFunnels will allow services such as Facebook advertising and associated apps to become available. These TXT records allow Apple’s iOS 14 to verify your internal ClickFunnels domain when being used with advertisements via Facebook and their associated apps.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- A domain purchased from ClickFunnels
- You must be using the Facebook Business Manager to set up Domain Verification
Important Note: If you purchased your domain from another registrar, You will need to add the TXT record to the DNS records within your registrar's domain settings
For further information on verifying your domain with Facebook, please check this link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain
Step by Step Walk Through:
- Access the Facebook Business settings for domains via the link provided below.
- You may need to sign in if you haven't already.
- Link to Facebook Business: https://business.facebook.com/settings/owned-domains
- Click the Add button to add your domain to Facebook.
- Enter the root domain, for example, myawesomwebsite.com. Then, click Add Domain.
- You may need to click refresh for the domain to be displayed.
- Copy the TXT code provided.
- Log in to ClickFunnels.
- Hover over the Account Profile in the top right corner and click on Account Settings.
- Click on Domains in the left-hand menu.
- Find the domain you added and click on the three dots to the right.
- Click on Edit.
- Click Expand to the right of Edit Zone Records.
- Select TXT for the Type field, enter @ for the Name field and paste the Facebook code in the Value field.
Important Note: Please note that any changes in records could take up to 72 hours to propagate across the internet.
- Click Save.
- Return to Facebook and click Verify.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.