Question: Why is the domain I want restricted? Why am I getting a restricted domain error?
This message usually means that the domain you are trying to use is already in use by someone who's trademarked the domain and we don't have the authority to lease it. If this is the case, to get around the error message you would have to choose a different variation or change it.
You can always check to see if this domain is owned by anyone by searching it at https://www.whois.com/ and putting the domain in the search field (as seen below)
If the domain is not owned by anyone, and you are still getting the error, I would suggest taking the following steps to make sure it is not an internet browser issue:
- Clear your cache & cookies for ALL time as seen here - https://help.clickfunnels.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006987793-Clear-your-browser-cache-and-cookies
- Try using a private browsing window (incognito window)
- Try using a different browser
- Try updating your browser's software (including any extensions)
- Disabling any browser extensions
If the error still persists, then that means the trademark filter is currently being overly aggressive, and so the alternative would be for you to purchase the domain from one of our supported external registrars, and then add it to ClickFunnels.
This link will get you started on integrating a domain from one of our supported domain registrars:
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.