Question: Why am I not getting emails when testing my automation?
Automated emails only trigger the first time. So if you optin with the same email a second time, you will not receive the automated emails again. The reason automated emails only send once (the first time) is due to CAN-SPAM compliance laws.
So if you were to do test optins yourself, it would only send you the automated email the first time once your email contact is saved.
However, for future test optins you can trick the platform into thinking it's your first time opting in each time by simply adding a "+" symbol followed by a number (or numbers) or letter (or letters).
- My first optin is using my test gmail account email@example.com
- My second test will be using firstname.lastname@example.org
- My third test will be using email@example.com
- So on and so forth.
This will allow a new contact to be created each time you optin within your account, and it will send the automated email each time too!
Now if your emails are being delivered, but is only going to SPAM, then there are a couple of reasons that this could be happening:
- There is a CAN SPAM Compliance issue.
- Your SMTP has not been warmed up enough. (meaning still new and not used a lot)
I am going to go ahead and send some resources over to you, to hopefully provide you with some insight on how to keep those emails out of spam.
- CAN SPAM Compliance 1 (https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business)
- CAN SPAM Compliance 2 (Sendgrid) (https://sendgrid.com/blog/can-spam-compliance-breaking/)
- Whitelisting (different than white labeling) (https://www.clickfunnels.com/blog/increasing-gmail-open-rates/)
- Warming Up Your SMTP (https://help.clickfunnels.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008805994-Improve-SMTP-Reputation-Learn-to-Warm-Up-And-Improve-Your-SMTP)
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.