In order to connect your subdomain registered through GoDaddy with your ClickFunnels account, you’ll first need to add the proper CNAME record. This article will show you how to add a CNAME record within your GoDaddy account.
Prior to getting started, you will need to have the following:
- A domain registered through GoDaddy
- Access to your GoDaddy DNS settings
Follow the steps below to setup your GoDaddy subdomain
Step 1: Add your CNAME record to GoDaddy
Important Note: Funnels is just an example scenario as described in the examples above. You can choose a subdomain of your choice. Other examples include: go, summit, challenge. Choose a word that explains what your subdomain will be used for.
- Add a new CNAME by clicking ADD and selecting CNAME under the Type.
- Under (b) Type select CNAME.
- Under (c) Host enter funnels
- Under (d) Points to enter target.clickfunnels.com
- Leave the (e) TTL as is.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Add your subdomain to ClickFunnels
- From your ClickFunnels Dashboard hover over the main menu on the top right-hand corner and select Account Settings.
- On the left-hand side, select Domains.
- Select Add New Domain.
Select Use an existing domain.
- Enter your external custom domain.
Important note: If you’re using a subdomain different from ‘www’ (i.e. blog, shop, help, etc.), make sure to remove ‘www’ from the field.
- If your custom external domain is currently managed in Cloudflare, you’ll need to indicate this by checking the box above the Add domain button (optional).
- Select Add domain.
Step 3: Verify your External Custom Domain
- On the next page, select I've done this step.
- If this is your first time adding a domain you will get a pop-up with some domain information which you can review close.
- If you want to select a funnel from the list in the drop-down menu & click Associate funnel. (optional)
- If you associate a funnel to your domain at this time, the Default and 404/Error Pages will auto-populate with the first step of the funnel you select, click here to find out more about these pages
- If you would rather associate a funnel with your domain at a later time, you can skip this step by selecting Just show me my domains.
If you don’t associate a funnel to your domain at this time, you will need to select the Default and 404/Error Pages manually.
- You can also click on Domains on the left sidebar to navigate back to the Domain Screen.
4. Confirm your domain is verified.
Step 4: Add the SSL to your External Custom Domain
- Click the three dots next to your external domain and then click Edit.
- Next to SSL, click Expand.
- Click Add SSL.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes, as per the notification.
- Return and click "Expand."
- Click "Check Now."
- When successful this a success message will appear.
Important Note: If it has been more than 25 minutes and the SSL cannot be checked, and your domain is not SECURED, please reach out to our support team for further assistance.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.