If you're having issues adding a domain because the domain is already in use by another application, like ClickFunnels you can have the domain released via Heroku's Domain Release Tool.
Prior to getting started you will need:
- A Heroku Account (you can sign up here https://signup.heroku.com/login )
- Access to your DNS Records
- Sign in to https://tools.heroku.support/domain-release
- Enter your domain and click on Continue
- Heroku will require you to verify your domain. You can do this by adding a TXT record to your DNS Registrar
- Add the following TXT record to your DNS host:
Name: The domain name
Value: Copy the value generated in Heroku
- Once the TXT record has been added to your DNS registrar, go back to Heroku, click Verify and wait for the "Verification Complete" message.
- Your domain should now be released
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.