Learn to connect the PayPal V3 integration via API. With this, you can directly connect PayPal with ClickFunnels to process payments in your funnels, including OTOs and order bumps.
Prior to getting started, you will need the following:
- A PayPal Business Account
- Development Link (required) to set up API https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts
A Subscription Product + Order Bump on a page will not work together due to how PayPal processes payments. It is suggested to add an OTO page in place of the order bump in these cases.
Step 1: Create PayPal Client ID and Secret Key
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click here to go to PayPal Developer Applications.
- Click on My Apps and Credentials.
- Toggle the selector to LIVE Account.
- Click Create App.
- Enter an App Name.
- Click Create App.
- Click on the Live tab to view the live API Credentials.
- Scroll down and click Show under Secret.
- Repeat the steps above selecting Sandbox App to be able to test your funnel(s).
Step 2: Integrate with ClickFunnels
- From within ClickFunnels, navigate to your Account Settings and click Payment Gateways.
- Click Add New Payment Gateway.
- Click PayPal V3.
- Copy and Paste the Client ID from PayPal.
- Copy and paste the Secret ID from PayPal.
- Click on Create PayPal V3 Account.
- Repeat the steps above to integrate the Sandbox app you created on Step 1 so you can test your funnel(s), remember to toggle the LIVE credentials OFF.
- By the end of following STEP 1 and 2, you should have 2 PayPal V3 Gateways set up one for the Sandbox and one for live.
Important Note: Make sure when using PayPal V3 you are connected to your live account to accept live payments.
Important Note: Your funnel only works with one Payment Gateway at a time. If you wish to have two different payment options in one funnel, it's recommended to create two funnels with duplicated customer experiences and add a button that moves the customer to their preferred payment gateway from the Sales Page.